You don’t need a special reason to give blood -- You just need your own reason.
St.Louis' Next Blood Bank is in October
Watch this space for more info (blink a few times so your eyes don't dry up)
Blood Donors Must:
- Be healthy*
- Be at least 17 years old in most states, or 16 years old with parental consent if allowed by state law
- Weigh at least 110 lbs.
Additional weight requirements apply for donors 18 years old and younger and all high school donors.
* Note: Healthy means that you feel well and can perform normal activities. If you have a chronic condition such as diabetes, healthy also means that you are being treated and the condition is under control.
- Have a light meal and plenty to drink.
- Bring your donor card, driver's license or two other forms of identification.
- Bring the names of medications you are taking.
You will receive a mini physical to check your:
- Blood pressure
- Body temperature
Please feel free to visit our local Southeastern Michigan Red Cross Website at www.redcross.org